It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Scary Stories
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:16 pm 

Resurrecting this because it's October...

I had a strange event happen this July. I was staying late at work to get something done by a deadline. I was at the office until probably close to 8 pm, and I was, as far as I know, then only person there. We are in an office park, but our building is only a few floors, and we are the only tenants in the building right now, except for a small brokerage. All of their employees were gone, and except for the office park security, I was alone. The building is also locked after 6 pm, and you have to use your ProxCard to get access after-hours.

It was probably around 7:30 pm, and I am sitting at my desk, staring at my computer screen. I was looking at spreadsheets, and trying to think of what to write that would best summarize the information I was reviewing. I thought I heard the elevator start to whir, but it didn't register at first that no one should be coming up the elevator at 7:30 pm. When I heard the elevator 'ding', I got up to see who came back to work. I walked out to the elevator bank, but nothing happened. No elevator doors were open, and no one got off an elevator. The lights weren't even showing a car was at the floor. I figured I hadn't really heard the elevator.

I went back to my desk, and then I heard the elevator start to whir again. I know for sure no one got on the elevator, and went back down to the first floor, so it was a little creepy. I sat there at my desk, staring out the door towards the elevator bank area. I was almost waiting for it to make noise again, while I was thinking "what is some crazy person has gotten into the building?", "it's probably just security", "maybe it was someone from the brokerage". Then I decided to pack up and go home.

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."- Victor J. Stenger

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:01 pm 

It's not supernatural, but I think this is the most scared I've ever been:

I was in high school, home by myself late at night. My parents were at a party, I think. My parents' house -- which is in the middle of nowhere -- has a huge picture window, and through it you can see the garage where my dad keeps a random selection of farm equipment. It's an open garage -- no door.

At some point I walk by the window and I notice there are headlights beaming out of the garage. This is terrifying because even if my parents were home, they never park vehicles in that garage. So I stare out the window for a long time, wondering what the hell I should do. Just as I'm about to go outside and investigate, I see two men coming from the garage toward the house -- AND THEY'RE BOTH CARRYING SHOTGUNS.

I lunge for the phone and call 911 and they start pounding on the door. Just then, my parents' car pulls into the driveway, and the men walk toward their car. My dad greets them. As it turns out, they were just two hunters and my dad had given them permission to hunt in the woods behind our house. I had to call 911 back and cancel.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:11 pm 

I have had one supernatural experience (I think) but it's more weird than scary. Well, it was pretty scary, too.

I was in middle school, playing outside with my brother in this huge tree that had fallen in our front yard. At some point I realized my brother had disappeared -- he must have gone inside and I didn't notice. I look up and I see a brown cloud in an otherwise cloudless sky. Then I look down at the stump of the tree and I see a creature that looks like a cross between a man and a praying mantis, squatting at the stump and playing it like a drum. It turned its head toward me. Thirty years later, I still remember exactly how it looked.

I bolted for the house and that was that, for a while. I spent the rest of the afternoon playing video games. But then later that night (I was again home by myself), the tune from the video game I'd been playing got stuck in my head. It was an old NES game and had a weird mechanical "bleep" sound as part of the music, and that sound replayed over and over, louder and louder in my head, and then it started to sound like a voice saying my name over and over. I literally put a blanket over my head and huddled on the floor, I was so scared.

Nothing more came of it after that, but I'm pretty sure there was something demonic going on around my house that day.