It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New year new you?
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:54 pm 

Is anybody following a new health regime for the new year? I ate so much over the holidays that I was craving healthy food. I'm doing a 2 days a week fast, and I'm finding that its actually easier than I thought (as long as I keep myself busy).

Post subject: Re: New year new you?
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:34 pm 

Sort of. I injured myself over the holidays, so I wasn’t able to work out like usual. Amazingly, I actually lost a few pounds, but my body fat went up so I lost muscle mass.

My personal trainer’s just come up with a new healthy eating regime for me, so I’m trying that, and resuming exercise. I’m the matron of honour for a wedding in September, I’m hoping to get into shape in time for that. Current goal is to lose 11 lbs, then re-evaluate the amount of muscle vs fat I have.

Post subject: Re: New year new you?
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:27 am 

I don't do resolutions, but over the last 5 years I've been slowly implementing a more healthful lifestyle. In 2012, I started by switching out my daily lunch of a ham sandwich and chips for a salad, veggies, fruit and yogurt. Then in 2014, I bought a treadmill and started walking three times a week; that escalated to running three times a week in 2015. In 2016, I pledged to drink more water, starting with two glasses before I leave the house in the morning. Not sure what I'll do this year... maybe nothing. I probably should pledge to eat better on the weekends but screw that, haha.