It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:22 pm 

DirtDog wrote:
On a podcast I listen to they do "a song of ice and spoilers" on Wednesdays where they rehash the latest episode of Game of Thrones. I don't have HBO, so I "watch" it via listening to them. I'm not sure I really have a desire to actually watch it.

This is me too! I know everything that's going on in it, because I follow the updates on Vox (which are fun). But I don't have a TV, cable, or streaming (or time to watch anything) and I've never seen a full episode. I YouTube the odd scene that Vox talks about, but that's it. And I don't really want to watch the whole thing either.

My parents started watching it. I resisted the urge to ask if it was appropriate for them (they're in their 70's). :lol:

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:28 pm 

TNT series The Last Ship is really good. I highly recommend it.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:47 am 

We're watching The Sinner right now. Tonight is the last episode (eight-part miniseries).

There are probably spoilers ahead:

The longer it goes on, the less I like it. Every character is unsavory to some degree, there's no one much for me to pull for (maybe Bill Pullman's detective - he's the least annoying one, but some of the things his character does are just stupid).

Jessica Biel as the star walks through this whole thing like she's drugged - boring and slow-witted. A lot of the story is relayed through flashbacks, and there seems to be no continuity to her character; one minute, she's meek and wishy-washy, the next minute, she cocaine-snorting drug-king sexpot girlfriend. She's like four different people in this thing.

Glad it's ending so I can move on.

OTOH, Wife started watching Midnight, TX and I had no interest in that, because it sounded like another teen fangirl spin on Twilight, but I'm enjoying that one (even though it is a bit of a teen fangirl spin on Twilight :) ).

ETA: I watched Jessica Biel on Colbert the other night. I didn't know anything about her before this show. Now I wish that were still true.

She apparently has a two-year-old, and the first part of the interview she spent trashing motherhood and the kid specifically, to the point that Colbert joked the kid could use the interview in the future during its own therapy.

Of course, she immediately transitioned to, "But, yeah, he's the greatest kid ever, and I can't imagine not having him," - lady, you were *just* ripping him as dirty and gross...which is it?!?

But then the kicker...she's part-owner of a restaurant in LA that's specifically "child-friendly," because "so many places aren't welcoming."

Seriously?!? SERIOUSLY??!!??

In her place, kids are encouraged to run around, play with each other, scream, throw things, etc, and she pointed out that there's a bar, so the parents can get loaded in the process. Great idea! :/

-- Oscar Wilde

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:58 pm 

We're also watching the current season of AHS. After three episodes, I'm not quite sure about it.

The only thing I really like are the two neighbors, but I like them because they're campy and ridiculous, and I'm not sure if that's what I'm supposed to be getting from them.

Seriously, it's like this series can't decide on whether it's a horror show or a dark comedy, and it's throwing me for a loop. I know one thing - I would not put up with Ally for as long as Ivy is.

-- Oscar Wilde

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10