It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:16 am 

Personally, I think that I just realized that I didnt want to die, giving birth to a child. I have already been pregnant and it wasn't the best experience in my life: you vomit, sleep and feel like a vulnerable three- year old kid. I am very sensitive and the pregnancy made me absolutely mad like I couldn't talk to people without starting to cry. I think that I am not going to try again because I just want to live happily , I want to relish life without children. I have been thinking about it for three or four months, today I saw a very strange community on VK and it was enough to make me assured that I didn't want to be a mother. It doesn't mean that I am going to hate children or say bad things to other mothers, in my opinion, it's their decision, if they want to have kids suffering , trying all the time ... I have had it up to here with caring about the dreams of my grandmother's conventional ideas about marriage and children so I decided to join this super- cool community where people seem nice and write more than two sentences when they want to speak their minds.I don't think that I will change my mind because the life with my boyfriend showed me that I didn't strive for living like a Stepford wife. I will lose weight and learn to draw. :) actually, there are a lot of things I will do because I will not spend time on children. Sorry for my American - British English I am Russian lazy to correct the message.

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:01 am 
To break several cycles. Mental illness, suicides, general misery, health problems, mental & emotional abuse. I knew about 7yo I didn't want kids, Mom made life a living hell for Dad & me. He was an adult & couldn't handle it. They divorced & I was the only 1 left for her to torture. At 14 if dad hadn't stepped in I would have gone to foster care. Her mother should never have adopted her & she should never have had a kid. My 2nd husband has 2 sons, as they age it's easier, the younger one still requires tranqs, for me no him lol, though its been tempting. I knew going in it was a package deal and he's the 1 guy i've always loved so here I am.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:10 am 

This always struck me as an awfully dumb question. The marketing section in Breeders & co. always sucked at promoting the product, because irl the product sucks so badly they can't make up for it. The offensive strategies just make them look even dumber and desperate: 'buy our product or we'll make ad hominem attacks and harass you'. It's a harmful and useless product. Wanna do meth? No? Ok. Wanna have babies? No? OMG!

I don't want to have children for the same reason I don't want to die: because I don't want my life destroyed. A natural dignified death/timely suicide after having finished my work in life also sounds better.

Breeders are just scumbags who want to see the lives of others destroyed.

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:16 pm 

In no particular order...
1) The first 3 years sound like unmitigated hell.
2) After that, speaking from personal experience, your kids usually resent/fight against their parents, who are only trying their best to keep you out of harm's way and have a good life and future.
3) The only "good" parts seem to be when the kids are grown up and able to have adult conversations/pop out grandkids. At that point, you're too old to do anything really adventurous in terms of travel and enjoy the freedom you now have, that is assuming you are healthy in body and mind.
4) All I have to do is have my fiancee` scroll through Facebook. The parental shaming/race to post the best picture and pretend like you are having the best life is just the worst. I've seen my fiancee's older sister's obsession with this with her 3 kids.
5) Cost. Day care. College. Diapers. Food. Mortgage.
6) I'm not the most sociable person around new people/making small talk. The thought of having to interact with so many people at school functions/day care/etc just sounds awful.
7) Having your life tethered to another human being who is not your wife/fiancee`.
8) Having a good relationship with your loved one forever altered by another human being.
I could go on.

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6