It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:50 am 

Very strongly. I've never wanted them and knew, even when I was small, that I never wanted them. I don't like children ('it's different when they're your own' says the common bingo, but I never intended to find out) and never have, they are boring, some are obnoxious and I have absolutely no patience with kid talk. I like my freedom and what little money I have being mine. Pregnancy and birth are completely disgusting and appalling to me. My parental instincts are non-existant. I also think there are too many people now, without adding to them.

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:58 am 

Since a little girl I've been knowing that I don't want children. So I would say that I feel very strongly about not having kids, BUT... I have to say, that I'm also a little bit worried about my future old age days. I mean, everyone is always telling that "Ooo, your mind is going to change, if you don't have children you will regret when you're old!". I know that I don't want children in my fertile years, but who knows if I loose my mind in some mid-life crisis or something? Argh, I hate those pro-babies persons, who keep scaring me like that... I know that my personality is not going to be change, but when you hear multiple times that your mind is absolutely going to change with age, you start to almost believe it and be afraid. But be that as it may, I'm not going to have kids "just in case".

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:28 am 
As strong as a herd of bulls. :lol: I'm almost fifty now, and no bio clock has ever ticked. I like to think about all sorts of things and have contemplated what life would be like as a mother but in a philosophical way, not as a serious life question. It did not appeal to me at all, not even the so called Kodak moments.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:50 pm 

I never really gave it much thought growing up, I think it was just something I presumed would probably happen, but I never thought about it much, same as getting married, it was something that was way off and I was only interested in the present. I lost my dad in my early twenties and that's when I became CF and felt very strongly about it. It was a massive life changing event, I also lost my faith-I wasn't religious growing up but always believed there was a god and was quite spiritual. When my dad died I became a Christian for about 6 months to a year, then I guess I reached the "anger" stage of grief and thought there is absolutely no god to let something like this happen (I never thought I'd lose my faith that there was "something" out there, but I did) I became an atheist and it's continued ever since.

Without my dad dying in such a way (the pain and suffering, I know people die, but it was the worst thing you can imagine and I'll be haunted by it forever) it's hard to know where I'd be on the CF front. I get jealous of people who haven't had such tragedies and feel the world is an ok place to bring kids into. Maybe I'd be like that if things had been different. Having said all that, I have never been around children and I don't feel like I'm missing out, I'm pretty much indifferent to them. I guess if my dad hadn't died in such a way and I'd met a guy who really wanted kids, I might've been persuaded. The way things are now I just feel very strongly about not inflicting life on anyone because of what I've seen, also there is a genetic element to the cancer my dad died of, and I can't risk a son ever having to go through that, even though he'd be old by the time it happened. I also despair of the way the world is, I don't want my kids to be upset and hurt by the things that go on in the world, even just by watching the news, never mind if it was to happen to them personally.

Finally, (wow this is long!) it seems completely illogical to me to create someone who has to have their needs fulfilled constantly, whereas they didn't before because they didn't exist. So a person is now alive and you have to make sure it gets enough food, water, shelter etc etc for 18 years-then after that they have to try and fulfill their own needs by working for 60 years to feed themselves. The whole thing seems completely pointless and needless, especially as the world struggles more and more to sustain all of the people on it. I could basically go on and on but I think I've wrote enough!

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:38 am 

^ I feel the same way, even though I thankfully still have both of my parents. At 17, I lost my grandma who raised me though... Also cancer. She didn't seem to suffer as much as others, but that's only because it was in her brain, and it advanced so rapidly that doctors refused to treat her....... Still, it's not something I'd want to inflict on any "loved" ones.

But even if that hadn't happened, I can still look around me and see all the suffering. And overpopulation itself causes more suffering. Who looks at all this and thinks "yep, better churn out some babies; surely one of them will solve all of humanity's problems!"?

"Change is coming to the world. Many fear change and will fight it with every fiber of their being. But sometimes, change is what they need the most. Sometimes, change is what sets them free." - Morrigan, Dragon Age

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:17 am 
^ Sorry about your grandma, definitely a blessing that she went quickly and didn't suffer too much, though awful of course still.

The thing is, life is so damn complicated, you can't do right for doing wrong. For example, if cancer and other terrible diseases didn't exist, I might think it was ok to have kids, because the stuff that's on the news you can kinda pretend "that wont happen to me and my kids" because murders, terrorism etc is more unusual, but we all know someone who has died from cancer, so it's not like you can pretend that won't happen. However, people do have to die, and if these terrible diseases didn't exist, the population would be much bigger (hard to imagine!), and life would be far worse. I'm not saying I want people to die of these diseases, but see what I mean, you just can't do right in life. Every way causes suffering.

I guess if people still died but not of terrible things like cancer etc. it'd be different, that'd be ok but I have no faith that we will ever cure cancer (surgery works well in a lot of cases but it all depends on getting it early enough) or faith that they can get the pain sufferers go through under control-the medical industry makes out like a person with cancer can live comfortably until the end of their days with pain killers-sorry not in my experience they can't with the most severe type of symptoms. It's absolute hell.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:55 pm 

Guest was me, must've forgotten to log in!

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:58 pm 

Yeah, how many people get to die "peacefully in their sleep"?

And even if they did, only 4-5% of the world's population is in "perfect" health (which doesn't mean they aren't carrying any genetic disorders) https://www.livescience.com/51122-world ... blems.html

I can't even imagine what that's like. Having NO health issues. I don't think I've even met anyone like that.

Talk about playing russian roulette...

"Change is coming to the world. Many fear change and will fight it with every fiber of their being. But sometimes, change is what they need the most. Sometimes, change is what sets them free." - Morrigan, Dragon Age

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7