It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:16 am 

Personally, I think that I just realized that I didnt want to die, giving birth to a child. I have already been pregnant and it wasn't the best experience in my life: you vomit, sleep and feel like a vulnerable three- year old kid. I am very sensitive and the pregnancy made me absolutely mad like I couldn't talk to people without starting to cry. I think that I am not going to try again because I just want to live happily , I want to relish life without children. I have been thinking about it for three or four months, today I saw a very strange community on VK and it was enough to make me assured that I didn't want to be a mother. It doesn't mean that I am going to hate children or say bad things to other mothers, in my opinion, it's their decision, if they want to have kids suffering , trying all the time ... I have had it up to here with caring about the dreams of my grandmother's conventional ideas about marriage and children so I decided to join this super- cool community where people seem nice and write more than two sentences when they want to speak their minds.I don't think that I will change my mind because the life with my boyfriend showed me that I didn't strive for living like a Stepford wife. I will lose weight and learn to draw. :) actually, there are a lot of things I will do because I will not spend time on children. Sorry for my American - British English I am Russian lazy to correct the message.

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:01 am 
To break several cycles. Mental illness, suicides, general misery, health problems, mental & emotional abuse. I knew about 7yo I didn't want kids, Mom made life a living hell for Dad & me. He was an adult & couldn't handle it. They divorced & I was the only 1 left for her to torture. At 14 if dad hadn't stepped in I would have gone to foster care. Her mother should never have adopted her & she should never have had a kid. My 2nd husband has 2 sons, as they age it's easier, the younger one still requires tranqs, for me no him lol, though its been tempting. I knew going in it was a package deal and he's the 1 guy i've always loved so here I am.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:10 am 

This always struck me as an awfully dumb question. There simply are no reasonable arguments for having children.
The marketing section in Breeders & co. always sucked at promoting the product, because irl the product sucks so badly no bingo makes up for it. It's a harmful and useless product. Wanna do meth? No? Ok. Wanna have babies? No? OMG!

If I had to say why not it's that I don't want to have children for the same reason I don't want to die: because I don't want my life destroyed.

Breeders are just scumbags who want to see the lives of others destroyed.

To be selfish means simply to be yourself.

Last edited by Thunder on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:16 pm 

In no particular order...
1) The first 3 years sound like unmitigated hell.
2) After that, speaking from personal experience, your kids usually resent/fight against their parents, who are only trying their best to keep you out of harm's way and have a good life and future.
3) The only "good" parts seem to be when the kids are grown up and able to have adult conversations/pop out grandkids. At that point, you're too old to do anything really adventurous in terms of travel and enjoy the freedom you now have, that is assuming you are healthy in body and mind.
4) All I have to do is have my fiancee` scroll through Facebook. The parental shaming/race to post the best picture and pretend like you are having the best life is just the worst. I've seen my fiancee's older sister's obsession with this with her 3 kids.
5) Cost. Day care. College. Diapers. Food. Mortgage.
6) I'm not the most sociable person around new people/making small talk. The thought of having to interact with so many people at school functions/day care/etc just sounds awful.
7) Having your life tethered to another human being who is not your wife/fiancee`.
8) Having a good relationship with your loved one forever altered by another human being.
I could go on.

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:24 am 
There wasn't a real moment of choice. I already knew when I was a young kid myself. I don't like children. After escaping my own family, all I wanted was my freedom and peace.

I don't care about a 'legacy' or genes. I'm not full of my unicity, we're all unique, it's nothing special. I'm at peace with the idea of just being a mortal being. Leaving a legacy is about archievements and great talents, not about spreading your legs or push your pecker into someone. It's okay to want kids but it's also the most uninspirational thing you can do. Nobody ever got famous for just having kids. Your great grandkids share almost none of your genes and will probably not even know who you were.

I don't owe anyone a child. My SO and I are firmly on the same page and if we weren't, we would not be together. My family has to stay out of my business and they know it.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:45 am 
There are just infinite reasons really, and I'm actually bored enough right now to list as many as I can think of, and I'll still miss a lot out. I'll try and do them in some sort of order of what I find the most important reasons for not having them. I don't expect anyone to actually read all of this btw lol.

1. Life sucks, I've never really enjoyed it, I don't know what there is to enjoy, certainly nothing that could ever make up for all the bad.

2. Cancer runs in my family (ties in with reason no.1) and I'm sick of the suffering and also the guilt thinking "I should've done this, we should've got this treatment instead etc." cancer is often about choices-getting your symptoms checked in time, choosing the right treatment. It's up to the individual if you are an adult, but there is still guilt for me over the wrong choice being made and not getting family members to make other choices and thinking "they might still be here if I'd convinced them to try that treatment instead" etc. This would be x100 if you had a kid with cancer and you have to spot their symptoms, help choose their treatment and see them suffering in hospital knowing they are going through all that as a direct result of YOU. I also wouldn't want my kid/s to see me suffer from cancer should i get it, and go through that grief, regret, guilt, emotional suffering of seeing their parent suffer physically and emotionally like I did.

3. Overpopulation. And it pisses me off to no end when people who have 9 kids say things like "some people choose not to have kids, so I can have a lot, it balances out" um no, I'm not having kids to try and bring the population down, not so you can go and have 9 bloody kids! How will that ever bring the population down?!

4. I can't deal with pain and have (thankfully) not experienced too much yet and I have no intention of causing any unnecessary pain to myself! I think I could deal with sharp pain, but anything like a deep, throbbing aching pain is horrible (experienced a mild version of this-and that was bad enough), which I presume labour to be like in the extreme. Couldn't deal with it.

5. I don't find pregnancy "natural" or "beautiful"-to me pain is almost always bad and a sign that something is WRONG with the body, so the body telling you that actually giving birth is bad and unnatural. Also the fact you are pushing something out that doesn't look like it's possible to push out of there The fact that a lot of women have to have stitches is further proof that giving birth is not natural, if it was surely it'd be easier and wouldn't damage you? If it tears you surely that thing is not supposed to come out of there? Add to that women usually need help in giving birth, sometimes suffer complications etc. this all says to me don't do this it's bad for you!

6. Feel sorry for the baby being born (which no one ever addresses, it's always poor woman in labour) can't imagine what I went through being born, horrible experience! Bright white light, woman screaming, extreme fear, being squeezed out of something, pain, exhaustion. The fact we come out screaming and crying into the world tells you a lot! I know we don't remember any of this but it's not the point-it happened at the time, just like life, I might not remember any of it once I'm dead but I still have to experience it whilst alive.

7. Loss of dignity. I embarrass easily and I know I'd cringe for the rest of my life having people see the state I'm in during labour and what's going on downstairs. I know they've seen it all a thousand times but that's not the point, they haven't seen me! Also walking around preggo I'd find embarrassing (something that doesn't seem to bother other women!)

8. I'd want to be married first but have serious doubts I'd be able to make a marriage work. If I did manage to make a marriage work, the last thing I'd wanna do is risk wrecking it by adding a baby to it!

9. I want to be no1 if I have a partner in my life not relegated to 2nd, 3rd, 4th whatever place. I'd risk my life for my partner and want him to do the same-if me and the kids were all drowning or stuck in a burning house he's gonna rescue all the kids first! Why would I create something for my partner to love more than me?

10. Why create something that has needs it didn't before? Why create something that feels pain that didn't before? Why create something that you will spend the rest of your life worrying about more than anything? The whole thing is completely pointless and needless to do that to yourself and a kid.

11. Don't agree with parenthood because parents get the better end of the deal-kid has all the worry as parents get older, the grief of their deaths (kids die too but this is unusual and parents make out its the worst kind of grief, it's not a competition!) Don't know how parents cope knowing they will be dead one day and leaving their kids alone in the world having no idea what will happen to them-I know they hope their kids will be adults by then, but they are still their kids, I guess they figure they'll be dead so won't care. I do.

12. I find most parents awful, have been unfortunate to come across "Mumsnet" a few times and the women on there are truly awful. Also bullying and cliques at the school gate-parents that is! I would not be a popular mum cos I've always been quiet so I'd imagine feeling pretty isolated and ostracised (many women more outgoing that me seem to have this issue too) mums are vicious! Just in general hate breeder mentality (too many to list!) I don't want to be part of that.

13. Don't want my body to change. It's not one of my top reasons but I believe it to be as valid a reason as any, and any woman has the right to want her body not to change from pregnancy, it doesn't make her selfish or vain or whatever breeders seem to think.

14. I've spent the last 5 or so years telling my family over and over again I will not be having kids and bitching about breeders, so there's no way I could go back on my word or principles now, I'd be a massive hypocrite! Also would prove them right that "I'd change my mind when I found a man".

There's a load more I'll probably think of but that's enough for now :lol:

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:56 am 
why am I choosing to be CF?

have you seen the world? I have, too much of it, and I am tapping out of making it worse with more people.

Report this post

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:32 am 

Thoughts from a spiritual being of a higher conscious:
I'm probably going to sound like a crazy person to some or most of you but I must say that looking at the world and the state that it is in right now I believe that the children that are born from millennials (i,e star seeds) are souls choosing the vessel of a human body to help our world in a small or even in a big way, who knows!
Branching off of that, the reasons why I personally chose to not ever have a child:
I wouldn't be raising the child, the government would.
Pretty much would be forced to allow the child to be vaccinated but would be viewed as a bad, criminal parent if I didn't allow it.
The child would be home schooled but more and more states are making that near impossible. I would NEVER send them to the Indoctrination Camps of Artificial Education!!
Eating whole organic foods is not exactly a cheap lifestyle to support. Expensing food isn't the only thing it takes to care for a child either.....clothing, health care, etc.
Parents now and days fail to see what they are doing is wrong, then again it's just my opinion but to me it looks as though people are just having kids to either gain more money from the government, get attention, basically view their children as pets and treats them as such! (i,e, disciplinary/reward actions, literally putting them on leashes during outings, shoving electronics or whatever in their face to sit still and shut up, etc, etc) because i 100% disagree on all of that nasty business, it would be very difficult to keep the child away from what the rest of the society would have them consume.
RESPONSIBILITY!!! Majority of these parents aren't even responsible enough to take care of themselves properly, how are they to bring another HUMAN BEING into the world and have it strive and thrive when they have shit to work from?!! I am nowhere near responsible enough to bring another human into this excruciating world to raise it completely unbiased and for them to make all decisions on their own. I don't even have enough back story information to provide them to branch off successfully.
Raising children is far more deep than what people actually realize, they are our future. Take a gander at what our "now" looks like....scary.
Also, with depopulation in the works it's almost pointless...

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:19 pm 

Guest wrote:

5. I don't find pregnancy "natural" or "beautiful"

Nothing beats the beauty of being a lowly serf - menial slave labor- for decades to an intellectually inferior parasitic entity.

To be selfish means simply to be yourself.

Report this post
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:34 am 
I don't get the whole natural = beautiful thing. Vomiting, pooping, pissing, decaying flesh, disease, parasitic worms...all natural. Still not pretty at all. I don't think pregnant women are beautiful. Some look happy and healthy, like some friends of mine did while pregnant. Their happiness made them beautiful. But that doesn't make pregnancy itself beautiful. It still looks like a woman who has swallowed a skippy ball. And don't get me started about women who think they are 'creating' life in their womb. Nope Dumbo, you're not the builder of life, you're just a construction site.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6