It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1614 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 162  Next
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:47 am 

"Uncanny valley" nails it for me. Like, they look a little human, and you know it's going to turn into a person eventually, but right now it's just staring and drooling and making odd movements and sounds, or worse, screaming its lungs out. Even human-like robots are less creepy to me.

"Change is coming to the world. Many fear change and will fight it with every fiber of their being. But sometimes, change is what they need the most. Sometimes, change is what sets them free." - Morrigan, Dragon Age

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:13 pm 

I'm probably going to reveal my cruel streak here, but I just remembered that Sims 2 mod that allows sims to grill sim babies and eat them :lol: For some reason it never fails to crack me up.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:46 am 

Gah. I have to let my Chiropractor and his wife know by Monday whether I want a job they offered me. The assistant is going on maternity leave, and they asked if I would take her place. After (if) she comes back, Id be an extra set of hands for them.
The pay is starting a bit over $1 more than Im making now, no insurance, free chiropractic sessions, 3 day weekends, and between 36-40 hours a week. Better environment, seems like.
I really want to get out of Walmart and this would be good on my resume. But no insurance? Hmmmm.....

Added later: I decided to take the job xD See ya Walmart!

Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline."

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:41 pm 

I've had a migraine since Tuesday, and it still is hanging on. Now I have to a cold to go along with it. On the plus side, I get to pick up one of our dachshunds tomorrow. I'm so excited to have this cuddly little guy soon. Once the stitches are taken out, we can take our little girl home sometime next week.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:17 am 

^^^ I hope you're feeling better, Dirt. I get headaches that last three, four days at a time, and I can't do much of anything. How's the dog doing?

On another note: today for breakfast, I made a blueberry coffee cake, with the somewhat outdated name of "Blueberry Boy Bait," because, as legend has it, any girl who made this for a boy would be engaged before he was done eating.

I also made chili-sugared bacon, which the recipe writer refers to several times as "man candy."

I think I'm questioning my sexuality through food! :lol:

I have to say, I'm craving sausage for supper...

-- Oscar Wilde

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:37 pm 

Thanks CO, my migraine is gone. He is doing great. I picked him up yesterday. I also transported another dog. I wanted to steal him too because he was just so sweet and calm, but I knew his new family might object to that. I handed him off to the next driver, and took our boy home. We are calling him Linus. He's very energetic, sweet, adorable, and funny. He was really wound up last night. I'm supposed to keep him calm for the next week as he had treatment for heart worm. It was really difficult to keep him calm last night, and he didn't sleep well last night which is.

Hopefully tonight he will be settle down better. He's a little more chill tonight. Tomorrow I pick up his adopted sister, and more fun ensues. Keeping them both calm might be more difficult. She's recovering from surgery and will have had her stitches out. I'll post a picture of both in the non-children part of the board.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:54 pm 

I turned in my 2 weeks notice the other day. Everyone who saw it got a kick out of it, cause I wrote it in icing on a message cookie (one of those big 12" cookies you can buy in a bakery). Heehee
I also wrote it on paper, just in case xD

Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline."

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:25 pm 

^That is nice.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:55 pm 

^^^The headache thing must be going around - I had one starting yesterday afternoon and continuing into today. I ended up sleeping it off, but I spent most of today in bed and my Sunday was shot. I hate it when that happens. I had a bunch of stuff to do today, and none of it got done, except grocery shopping (and that was really necessary since we had no food in the house). Now I have to spend my weeknights trying to get caught up on chores.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:02 am 

Haha - I love the message cookie idea! I think I dream daily of how I'm going to announce my retirement at work. They all end the same way, though: "...and there's an odorless, colorless, tasteless poison in the table water. I suppose you have, oh, 90 seconds to live. MWAAAHAAAHAAA <twirls moustache>."

---------------

I find that I'm really missing the message boards at IMDb. Two episodes into Doctor Who, and no one to talk to/argue with over it.

-- Oscar Wilde

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1614 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108 ... 162  Next