It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:34 pm 

So happy for you, Force!

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:55 pm 

Excellent, Force! Glad to hear that not only did you find something quickly, but that it came with a fat pay increase :mrgreen:

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."- Victor J. Stenger

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:50 pm 

Oh yeah that sound good Force, I'm hoping you not only love your job but you have it for as long as you want it.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:36 pm 

Way to go, Force! That sounds awesome!

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:06 am 

That's awesome, Force10! 75 percent more pay...that's frickin' lemons to lemonade if I ever heard of it!!

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:50 am 

Congrats Force!

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:05 pm 

The electric bill came today, $200 for the quarter. When my husband first opened it he thought our solar had stopped working. We have 1.5kw of solar on the roof, not much but it makes a difference. Nope we even used a little less than the same time last year, we are just paying 50 cents a kwh now.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:26 pm 

I'm putting this here, but it's really frustrating, so it feels more like a real problem.

Wanted nothing more than a quiet night of TV last night (and most nights). We had our whole night planned out.

Started with Colbert, which CBS allows free streaming on a phone. If I try to stream it through their app on my Apple TV, I have to pay.

Turned on AirPlay, started the show on my phone...audio only, with a message saying it was now available on Apple TV.

Great! Shut that off, downloaded the app, got that going, found the show...nope, they still want money. WTF?

Back to the phone, tried again, same thing. Tried it without AirPlay, and that played fine.

Truly pissed at this point, because 20 minutes had passed, and I fucking hate fucking with fucking electronics with a burning passion.

Turned to Google and found and found an article from five years ago about accessing AirPlay a different way, tried that and lo and behold, it worked. Great, but still pissed.

Watched that, turned to Sling to watch the final episode of Blood Drive (and they cancelled the show, so it's truly the last episode), and it's not in the DVR queue. It didn't record, for whatever reason. Fucking fantastic.

No problem, there's always on demand. Pulled that up...play..."sorry, technical difficulties...try again later." Fuck! Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck!

Downloaded the SyFy app, tried that...nope, you have to have satellite or cable to watch their stuff.

Back to Sling, tried again, no luck. Wait! Accessed Sling on my phone...and it worked. WTF II?!?

That was last night. Sat down to watch Preacher tonight, hopped onto Sling, went to the DVR, clicked to play..."program not available."

Tried it through their on demand section in Sling, same error, tried it through the AMC app, same thing as SyFy, gotta have satellite or cable.

No problem, I'll try it on my phone, like last night. Nope! Denied. Same error.

Back on the Apple TV, deleted Sling, added it back, now it's working.

Between last night and tonight, that's over an hour of fucking around just to watch a TV show.

Remember how I mentioned earlier my wife is a curse on electronics? Yesterday was her first day back from an out-of-town trip. I was kidding before, but I swear, she's a walking interference field or something.

-- Oscar Wilde

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:47 pm 

I HATE messing with computer programs. I got those to make my life easier!

My FWP - I'm tired. Without going into the long story of how, I kinda have three jobs right now - one full-time, one that was supposed to be one day a week but keeps creeping into two, and one that pops up two or three times a month to snatch my rare free day or evening. Plus on Fridays I moderate a local board game night and our D&D group has started meeting again twice a month. And the weather's finally nice so we're getting invites to go disc golfing at least once a week and there's some great fall events happening around here ...

It's very FWP since I truly love all three of my jobs and I'm paying down my grad school loans (FINALLY!) and half the problem is that we live in a rather neat place and have been here long enough to make some great friends ... but it's all a lot and I feel like I'm saying "no" to everything and yet there's still too much on my schedule.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:14 am 

Congrats, Force!! That's huge!
My fwp is that CO recommended a ton of amazing places to eat in Cincinatti and I'm hungry NOW (2am) plus I'm not even there until next week! Woe is me! Hungry and woeful.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next