It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:24 pm 

Quote:
There comes a point in your life when "FUN" no longer means bar hopping, clubbing, being out til 4am or drinking too much. It means board games, movies, going out for family dinners, bedtime stories, and sleeping in means 8 am. Becoming a parent doesn't change you, it's realizing that the little people you made deserve the best of your free time! Re-post if you are PROUD to be a "boring" parent

Ick. I hate self-important posts like this.

Often I find that THE FACEBOOK is nothing more than a virtual grade-school clique.

"If you run you life on autopilot, how can you expect it to be anything but lackluster?"

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:25 pm 

Quote:
Often I find that THE FACEBOOK is nothing more than a virtual grade-school clique.

OMG How true is this, I am seeing this more and more. Between my sisters and all the aholes from HS who have not changed since they peaked in HS.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:35 pm 

MadelineRoseMcKenna wrote:
One of my old best friends who had a baby at 16 participates in these annoying facebook posts;

There comes a point in your life when "FUN" no longer means bar hopping, clubbing, being out til 4am or drinking too much. It means board games, movies, going out for family dinners, bedtime stories, and sleeping in means 8 am. Becoming a parent doesn't change you, it's realizing that the little people you made deserve the best of your free time! Re-post if you are PROUD to be a "boring" parent :)

Why give your fun away then? For an unappreciative child that didn't exist at one point in time therefore making it unnecessary to force in to this horrible world.

I don't find bar hopping or drinking very fun personally. My DH and I read to one another at bedtime, play board games, and watch movies. It's much more fun as couple.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:48 pm 

I don't understand the point in posting such things, it's like they're trying to deny their misery and justify why they made those choices, who asked them to become parents? Sorry but fun for me is both going out partying and staying in watching films and playing board games. Fun is NOT having to endure the unending cries of babies or the constant attention-seeking of children.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm 

Revised:

There comes a point in your life when "FUN" no longer means bar hopping, clubbing, being out til 4 a.m. or drinking too much. It means board games, movies, vacations to the Caribbean, going out for romantic dinners, and sleeping in until 11 a.m. (and then napping at 2 p.m.). Becoming a freethinker changes you. You realize that you don't need to follow the crowd or society's norms. You realize that the most important thing you can do for yourself is do what truly makes you happy. Re-post if you are PROUD to be someone who decided to not follow the herd and become a parent.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:56 pm 

The revised version is perfect! Ahhh I love life. Cleaning up after my pets is enough for me.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:00 pm 

litz25 wrote:
I get so sick of these things!

Haha oh God, me too! The worst for me is parents who try to tell me how awesome their sex lives still are even after having kids. :roll:

One woman told me I was “so naïve I made her laugh” when I suggested that parents can’t have the same sex lives as non-parents.

I’m sorry, but you can’t bend your wife over the kitchen table and have spontaneous, passionate, loud sex with her in the middle of the day while your kids are in the next room watching tv. Ain’t gonna happen. 8-)

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:02 pm 

quiltergirl wrote:
Revised:

There comes a point in your life when "FUN" no longer means bar hopping, clubbing, being out til 4 a.m. or drinking too much. It means board games, movies, vacations to the Caribbean, going out for romantic dinners, and sleeping in until 11 a.m. (and then napping at 2 p.m.). Becoming a freethinker changes you. You realize that you don't need to follow the crowd or society's norms. You realize that the most important thing you can do for yourself is do what truly makes you happy. Re-post if you are PROUD to be someone who decided to not follow the herd and become a parent.

This is GOLD. Image

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:03 pm 

CarrieBradshaw wrote:
litz25 wrote:
I get so sick of these things!

Haha oh God, me too! The worst for me is parents who try to tell me how awesome their sex lives still are even after having kids. :roll:

One woman told me I was “so naïve I made her laugh” when I suggested that parents can’t have the same sex lives as non-parents.

I’m sorry, but you can’t bend your wife over the kitchen table and have spontaneous, passionate, loud sex with her in the middle of the day while your kids are in the next room watching tv. Ain’t gonna happen. 8-)

Did she have an episode of incontinence when she laughed? I hear having a kid will do that to you.

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:12 pm 

edgegrrl156 wrote:
Did she have an episode of incontinence when she laughed? I hear having a kid will do that to you.

Haha I will have to ask her! I just told her I thought it was incredibly unnecessary to patronise me. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next