It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 am 

In Australia there is a tv ad for some kind of kid thing called Karicare and it features toddlers laughing with the implication that this product makes these kids happy. To me it just sounds like these kids are laughing because they've been off eating souls or torturing animals or something. Creepy!

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:12 am 

http://youtu.be/CQo2FJPLeQk

I actually think this is a bit cute. Their laughs do sound more genuine than most people's. however, this is a rare case. Most of the time, children's laughs seem faux and overdone, as if the only purpose is to please the parents

You know you're CFBC when you don't see how "Children Of Men" is a dystopy

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:03 am 

I agree with whoever said that kids laugh when there is nothing to laugh about. I swear they do it just to experiment with the obnoxious, inhuman sounds they can make. I know that's what a lot of their screaming is about. I can't get over how often kids' vocalizations sound like some sort of dying animal.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
― Mark Twain

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:08 pm 

tell me about it!
a few weeks ago I was over at some friends place. I said 2-3 silly jokes while we were there, to my friends girl, who is about 6-7 years old. She started to laugh and it was such an high pitched annoying laugh that I couldn't wait to get home! She thought she was funny, and she started joking around, and tho prove her point, whatever it was, she was almost yelling. Her mother was hypnotized, I swear, like omg do you see how fun is to have kids... We soon went away it was painful.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:52 pm 

Quiet, giggly laughter, I can tolerate and even find cute. The loud shrieking laughter, AUUUUGGGGH.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:29 pm 

I hate the sound of children laughing, crying, regurgitating that nonsensical drivel - it just makes me think of snot and bubbling, streaming drool.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:35 am 

I really hate the sound of children laughing. Also the sounds of them shrieking, giggling, talking, whining, crying etc. I also find that the younger the child, the more the noise of them just makes my flesh creep. For example, the sound of babies coughing provokes a reaction in between violent rage and horrific nausea. Ditto any and all other slight sounds they make. In fact, just thinking about it is making me feel a bit vile. My friends reckon that my hatred of children singing makes me a terrible person, I think it makes me a connoisseur. You're not telling me those are notes, it's just nasty.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:05 am 

^^^Ugh, I remember when I was in grade 1 or something, and thought how bad our choir sounded, compared to those of older grades...This might have been an early sign that I hated kids...even though I was one.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:36 pm 

I enjoy hearing people laugh, in general. However, did any of you see that viral video a ways back of a bunch of babies (triplets, quadruplets, quintuplets or some shit I don't remember) that kept giggling and laughing at something (their dad or something?) in unison? It gave me the creeps.

"I have nothing but contempt for people who wish to deny women one of the fundamental rights to control their reproduction."
R.I.P. Dr. Henry Morgentaler, OC

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:05 pm 

^ that's the one I found cute! Their laughs sound somewhat genuine as opposed to the ehee ehee ehee that toddlers produce ...

You know you're CFBC when you don't see how "Children Of Men" is a dystopy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next