It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Big it up
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:54 pm 

Next time that you feel rendered useless because you have openly admitted that children are not for you, and you are, subsequently, the butt of a load of unwanted diatribe, because of this, big it up. Tell them how you feel, and....................tell us. What I am saying is, if you are one of those shrinking violets who can only come back with the perfect reposte, eons after the event, say so here, and let the members put you wise. And then you can have the perfect insult/reposte/come back to top their bingo.

Last edited by JerryHatTrix on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Big it up
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:56 pm 

I like this idea :D

Thanks, I'll definately do this!!!

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:17 pm 
TCFL Sponsor

I'm coming out of the closet. I'm sick of apologizing for my lifestyle which feels totally organic and right to me.
Yesterday I did a search for childfree merchandise and found a site that sells awesome CF tee shirts (and other items). After much deliberation I chose a simple black shirt that says, "Smug Childfree Person" in large block letters across the chest. I am almost afraid to wear it in my neighborhood where helicopter parents are everywhere. I'm going to wear sunglasses so I can take in the black looks I am sure will be directed at me. There were some snarkier message Tees "Your kid is why I don't want kids", "If I want a baby inside me I'll eat one" and my all time favorite, "I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator" AWESOME! Tragically, I lack the necessary nerve for anything that confrontational and fear being tarred and feathered.
Jane

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:44 pm 

I'm thinking of getting the shirt with the bingo card on it from cafepress. That'll shut people up real quick :lol:

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:13 pm 

Hmmm, maybe I should get one to wear when my grandparents/extendedfamily/brsmother/bfsextendedfamily are all visiting.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:31 am 
TCFL Sponsor

*~HeavenBound~* wrote:
I'm thinking of getting the shirt with the bingo card on it from cafepress. That'll shut people up real quick :lol:

cafepress! That's the site I went to. Love their stuff. Nobody around here uses the term bingo so the snark would go tragically unappreciated. When I first came to the forum I was totally confused as to what a bingo was. People around here are so uniform in their thinking they don't realize there's a slang word for baby pressure. Arguing that people should MUST have kids is like saying the sky is blue, a statement hardly worth debating.
Jane

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:57 am 

Jane, I love it. Where that shirt with pride, and screw on your best "Eff You" face when you do it. If you get any questions, tell 'em they were out of your first choice, "I'd kill your kids if I wouldn't get caught".

I have a slightly offensive religion-themed shirt; it shows a bunch of people dancing around Stonehenge, and the caption reads, "Give Me That Old-Time Religion"

The funny thing is, I live in a rabid pro-Christian area, and you wouldn't believe the number of people who've missed the intent of the shirt and have complimented me on my dedication to Christ (for the record, I'm agnostic). The smugness is super-sweet in those situations!

-- Oscar Wilde

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:45 pm 

I got compliments recently in Canada. My t-shirt says:" We had to get rid of the children. The cat is allergic."

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:53 pm 

I came out of the closet on my writing blog last week. I just couldn't hold it in any longer. So far, no flamers have found me. Whew!

You're the very people who said it didn't take a village to raise a child. So, get YOUR kids out of MY hut!

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:45 pm 

I always thought this one was clever: