It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: One step closer!
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:31 pm 

3 days is awesome. Thanks for the info. Let us know how it goes; we're rooting for you :mrgreen:

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:27 pm 

Quote:
Thunder wrote:
3 days is awesome. Thanks for the info. Let us know how it goes; we're rooting for you :mrgreen:

You're welcome and thanks!

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:22 am 

Hey, I'm new to this site. I stumbled across it and am glad I did because at this point in my life I don't want kids. I'm 25, and getting ready to be married to a man who feels the same, he just turned 30. I know it's possible that I could change my mind but I don't know why I would. Anyway I have started looking into options for permanent sterilization, but hadn't seen anything about having the tubes removed until I saw your post. Do you have an insurance that covers that? Mine sounds like it only covers Essure or something similar but I don't like the idea of having something inserted permanently in my body like that. Also, if I'm going to do it, I want it done right- I would rather them take it all and not risk ectopic pregnancy and all that. Anyway if you could just give me some feedback it would be greatly appreciated!

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:36 am 

Hello, I have private health insurance through the Affordable Care Act. The ACA covers voluntary sterilization 100%. I think it's called the women's health mandate.

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:06 am 

Thanks, I have Aetna and I knows it's a pretty good insurance but I guess I'll have to do my research to find out exactly what they cover. I do like that they have to cover some form of permanent sterilization:)

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:01 pm 

GoddessofDiscord wrote:
The ACA covers voluntary sterilization 100%.

Only for women, correct? After all, I don't think that I have ever read about men's sterilization being covered by the ACA!

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:46 pm 

Also, for the record, the reason that I am asking this question is its relation to myself.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:07 pm 

Cali wrote:
GoddessofDiscord wrote:
The ACA covers voluntary sterilization 100%.

Only for women, correct? After all, I don't think that I have ever read about men's sterilization being covered by the ACA!

Indeed, one of the many stupid and unfair parts of the ACA:

Quote:
Plans aren’t required to cover drugs to induce abortions and services for male reproductive capacity, like vasectomies.

(Which is funny because I hear a lot about how ACA forces people to cover abortions...)

Quote is from: https://www.healthcare.gov/coverage/bir ... -benefits/

However, call your insurance and check. My insurance covered both TL and vasectomy (and IUDs, too) at 90% coverage even before the ACA. I only had to pay 10% of cost.

vsmith12667 wrote:
Thanks, I have Aetna and I knows it's a pretty good insurance but I guess I'll have to do my research to find out exactly what they cover. I do like that they have to cover some form of permanent sterilization:)

Aetna is usually good. (I don't have them, but I know their offerings based on my previous job.) You can call them and ask what they cover, that is what I did and it's the best way to get answers.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:45 pm 

I have Blue Cross Blue Shield in case anyone wanted to know. I read on the membership website that sterilization is covered.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:35 pm 

My consult for sterilization is on May 3rd. It's so near but so damn far away. I don't really know what to expect. Is it going to be a question and answer session? Or will they just let me sign the papers and book my surgery? Either way I am so ready for this to be done. I went from 99% certain to 110% and still rising!