It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: One step closer!
Unread postPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:41 pm 

I just got back from my consultation. It lasted about 15 minutes. In the beginning I was gunning for a bilateral salpingectomy, but after realizing that there's no heavy lifting allowed for six weeks I am not so sure. I'm a stocker who regularly stands all day and lifts up to 50lbs or more. I simply can't afford to take a month off of work. It looks like now I'll have to just settle for Essure because it has the fastest healing time. I'm not disappointed or anything, just a little surprised at myself for not realizing this sooner. Essure is still over 99% effective so I'll go with it. I already signed the consent form to get sterilized. Now all I have left to do is call the doctor's office the first day of my next period and I can get scheduled. Phew! I'm glad that I don't have to jump through any insane hurdles.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 5:43 pm 

Congratulations to you! :D

Unread postPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:47 pm 

I got a call from my doctor's office and now I have a procedure date on June 2nd with a tentative time of 12:45pm for Essure!

Unread postPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:12 pm 

Congrats!

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."- Victor J. Stenger

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:26 am 

It's official! I'm having surgery tomorrow at 8:30 am, so I have to arrive at 7. I've finally told my family. My sister is okay with it and will be driving me. My parents aren't elated of course. They're worried because it is so permanent, but I brushed off their concerns. I don't see how it affects anyone else so I'm not too bothered because they say it's a drastic measure. They already have two grandchildren anyway. I am certain about this and I'm not changing my mind. I can't wait because I won't have to worry about birth control and its long-term side effects anymore. I have wanted this since high school and I'm glad that I didn't have to jump through hoops to get it!

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:40 pm 

Awesome! Congrats! I see you are also in Michigan btw. Best of luck, I'm sure everything will go well :)

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:46 am 

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :) Hope it's a smooth recovery.

"Change is coming to the world. Many fear change and will fight it with every fiber of their being. But sometimes, change is what they need the most. Sometimes, change is what sets them free." - Morrigan, Dragon Age

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:04 am 

Hi all! Thanks for your thoughts! I just came home from surgery. I feel great, no pain or anything!

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:53 pm 

Glad to hear everything went well.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:52 pm 

Thanks Portia Lin! Well, it's two days after post-op and I'm still doing well. There's still no pain and the spotting I experienced after surgery is gone. I have a checkup in two weeks and I'll update then. I'm relieved that I took this step and odds are I'll never look back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next