It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:40 am 

Found this forum while looking for info on tubal recovery (thanks for everyone who's posted detailed accounts). Wanted to share this awesome doctor in the MD/DC/NOVA area:

Dr. Pamela Lotke
MedStar Washington Hospital
106 Irving St NW Ste 4700N
Washington, DC 20010
(202) 877-7479

I'm 27, for context. I called and said I wanted a tubal. She said, "Ok, why a tubal?" I said that I have never wanted kids, hormonal birth control is no longer working for me (didn't even get into specifics as to why), and I would like something permanent. I was armed with a litany of specific reasons and ready to start listing them, but she said "Ok, I respect your choice and I'll help you, here are the things I am required to tell you [blah blah blah]." She suggested (and I accepted with delight) a salpingectomy instead of a tubal ligation based on my family history of ovarian cancer. She also didn't interrogate me as to why I didn't want another long term option. I think her actual words were "I assume you have considered these other options already, so unless you want to revisit them, let's talk about the tubal."

Oh yeah, also, she and her staff have been rock stars in helping me schedule this from overseas. I'm working around a narrow window of time when I'll be back in the U.S. and they are making it happen pretty much painlessly.

Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:55 am 

Dr. Mini Somasundaram
477 Cooper Road, Suite #320
Westerville, Ohio 43081
(614) 583-5552

I have not had my surgery yet but I am scheduled for it! I will be having my fallopian tubes removed on January 16th! Dr. Mini was so understanding and never once made me feel judged or make me fear that I was making the wrong choice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11