It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Vasectomy
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:30 pm 

We have a vasectomy appointment set and all we read online are horror stories.

There are serval websites and YouTube videos that talk about the negatives - cronic pain, reduced sensitivity in the penis, reduced sensitivity of orgasm,reduced volume and quality of ejaculate, loss of sex drive.

I'm having trouble finding good outcomes and I'm hopping that by posting this I'll hear from people that have had a vasectomy years ago and recommend it along with some details of their experience (loss of sex drive, pain, no negative effects, ect)

I'm not conserned with temporary pain of the procedure or recovery time. I'm after years down the road stories.

Anyone who doesn't want to post publicly can pm me, I'll keep anything you say confidential.

Any help is appreciated. Appointment is next week and we are kinda freaking out.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Vasectomy
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:24 am 

There are plenty of threads around here from men who've had no problems with their vasectomies.

Question -- how many of those websites/youtubers had any scientific studies backing them up? How many of them were named 'gawds-will' or 'proudfatherof8'?

As long as you're going to a doctor with at least some experience, a vasectomy is one of the simplest, safest procedures out there.

"Change is coming to the world. Many fear change and will fight it with every fiber of their being. But sometimes, change is what they need the most. Sometimes, change is what sets them free." - Morrigan, Dragon Age

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:58 am 

I have searched countless times on this forum and other forums looking for the type of answer I need. I'm hoping to find personal accounts of people's experiences good or bad preferably good because bad seems to be easy to find. I've seen plenty of studies detailing negative side effects it is a surgical procedure and any surgical procedure can and will have negative side effects on occasion. Scientific studies or no the subject matter is difficult to study accurately there are all sorts of things that affect the study such as men are less likely to go to doctors than women. And other things such as some men are going into a vasctomy at the request of their wife and don't really want one, things like this make any studies done inherently inaccurate.

If you have had a vasectomy I would be very interested in your experience and whether you have any complaints. If you have not you are not the person I am requesting information from. Thank you very much for responding.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:30 am 
Forums Admin

I got snipped in 2014. I was of course sore for a couple days and the doc said no lifting anything heavier than 10 pounds for a week. I had the procedure done on a Friday so I'd have the weekend to recover. The procedure itself took 15-20 minutes. I spent the weekend on the sofa with my laptop and Netflix and went back to work on Monday. My girlfriend (who is now my wife) took good care of me. I've had no ill effects and I consider it the best $400 I ever spent.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:46 pm 

I know that MrPig has been nothing but thrilled with his snip -- which he had done heading up for 30 years ago, long before I met him. He has no negative effects whatever, everything works great!

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:28 am 

Here ya go:
http://www.playboy.com/articles/vasecto ... erformance

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:51 pm 

Am approaching the 10-year mark for mine. While a relatively minor surgery, it is nevertheless a surgery. A lot of douchebags get themselves into trouble because they're macho idiots and don't follow aftercare instructions and are the first to mouth off about their horrible (self-inflicted) experience. (Am very ashamed of my gender at times ...)

Unlike the douches, I did my research--doctor, types of procedures (some have more side effects than others), discreet inquiries for firsthand experiences, etc., followed instructions, and with the exception of a granuloma which caused me much PAIN for a day, it's like it never happened. Would do it again knowing what I know now.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:42 pm 

I had a Vasectomy, May 2015.

When I went in I really wasn't nervous at all. The procedure took maybe 20 mins. My greatest fear of the entire thing was getting my ball sack stuck it with a needle. While getting stick in the ball sack with a needle isn't the most pleasant feeling in the world, it wasn't that bad, mostly just a stinging sensation.

1 1/2 minutes after that he already was doing his work inside. I found it interesting to watch. I pretty much watched him do the whole thing. After he was finished I walked out of the office. Drove my self home and sat on the couch with a frozen bag of peas on my crotch.

The next day I drove my parent's house and was standing outside without any discomfort. I didn't do anything while I was there other than walk around a little and sit in a chair.

So overall I had almost no pain and 2 years later I still don't. There was also no after effects. Everything regarding sex or masturbation is identical as it was before the surgery except now there is no sperm.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:12 am 

I husband had vasectomy couple of years ago and I can say only one: it's worth it. Yes, he should recover for week or maybe more without any weight lifting, with good sleeping and feeding but the results were really impressive