It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Unread postPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:51 pm 

Taled pill for years and tired of worying about it. How much on average does it cost to get tubes tied.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:26 pm 

It depends where you live. My surgery was free, thanks to Medicare Australia.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:59 pm 

I think it depends a lot on where you live and your insurance. I'm in US with crappy insurance so I would pay it all out of pocket - I'd estimate a few thousand dollars at least (maybe as much as $6000).

If you have any interest in Essure, I think they have some pricing info on their website.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:18 pm 

emflow wrote:
I think it depends a lot on where you live and your insurance. I'm in US with crappy insurance so I would pay it all out of pocket - I'd estimate a few thousand dollars at least (maybe as much as $6000).

If you have any interest in Essure, I think they have some pricing info on their website.

I do have an interest in Essure & live in the US too, so I'm hoping my Insurance covers. I have an allergy to Nickle but hell I'm willing to endure the 12 weeks the coil is in to not have to worry bout it for good. They do take it out after that correct?

I'm sick of the side effects of the Pill and bleeding like a stuck pig a month or more several times a year. I know its due to taking them back to back like yaz & seasonal work. Mines generic desogen. Ive taken it since 17 and am mid 30s so I'm tired of the daily worry & side effects that just now cought up to me. I have a history of ovarian cyst, but think that may have leveled out over time. How much is Essure on average?

Unread postPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:23 pm 

The Essure coils don't just stay in for 12 weeks, they stay in permanently. If you are allergic, Essure is not an option for you - look into the Adiana procedure instead, it uses silicone instead of metal coils.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:45 pm 

_s_ wrote:
The Essure coils don't just stay in for 12 weeks, they stay in permanently. If you are allergic, Essure is not an option for you - look into the Adiana procedure instead, it uses silicone instead of metal coils.

Exactly. I'm also allergic to nickel and can't stand that itch that comes with an allergic reaction. Imagine having that in your body and not being able to do anything about it. :sick:

And yes, the coils stay in your body permanently. Scar tissue grows around them after they're placed. Go read essure.com

Unread postPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:31 pm 
TCFL Author

I think the current costs in the US, sans insurance, are about $4,500 - $6,000.

I have BlueCross BlueShield through my state job, and I would have to pay 20% of costs after meeting my $1,000 annual deductible. So, unless my partner volunteers for the snip soon, I need to start saving money. And I have a "good job" with "good insurance."

/avoiding starting whole diatribe on the uncivilized and inhumane system that passes for "healthcare" in America. :roll:

Unread postPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:45 am 

IndiaJane wrote:

I have BlueCross BlueShield through my state job, and I would have to pay 20% of costs after meeting my $1,000 annual deductible. So, unless my partner volunteers for the snip soon, I need to start saving money. And I have a "good job" with "good insurance."

(major eyeroll) Tell me about it! I WORK for Blue Cross and had my tubal yesterday... for which I will pay 20% of the allowance AFTER meeting a $2000 deductible. Almost makes me want to hold a telethon to offset the cost of the thing. I worked out a payment arrangement with the hospital so all is well there, but sheesh!